Monday, August 14, 2023

WALK A MILE ON MY SHOES

 Siguiendo el hilo del post anterior, la letra de Joe South le viene como anillo al dedo.

Quizá como un complemento a lo que trato de expresar en el mismo.

Recomiendo escuchar la versión de Elvis en su época de conciertos en Las Vegas.

If I could be you, if you could be meFor just one hourIf we could find a wayTo get inside each other's mind, uh huh
If you could see you through my eyesInstead of your egoI believe you'd be, I believe you'd beSurprised to seeThat you've been blind, uh huh
Walk a mile in my shoesJust walk a mile in my shoesAnd before you abuse, criticize and accuseJust walk a mile in my shoes
Now, if we spend the dayThrowing stones at one another'Cause I don't think, 'cause I don't thinkOr wear my hair same way you do, uh huh
Well, I may be common peopleBut I'm your brotherAnd when you strike out through tryna hurt meIt's hurtin' you, Lord have mercy
Walk a mile in my shoesJust walk a mile in my shoesYeah, before you abuse, criticize and accuseJust walk a mile in my shoes
Now, there are people on reservationsAnd out in the ghettoAnd brother, thereBut for the grace of GodGo you and I, uh huh
Uh, if I only had the wingsOf a little angelDon't you know I'd flyTo the top of the mountainAnd then I'd cry, cry, cry
Walk a mile in my shoesJust walk a mile in my shoesYeah, before you abuse, criticize and accuseWalk a mile in my shoes
Walk a mile in my shoesJust walk a mile in my shoesYeah, before you abuse, criticize and accuseWalk a mile in my shoes



No comments: